Our Favorite Ideas for Creating a Unique Service
While organizing a funeral service, people tend to follow some set traditions, and not everyone questions why things are done in a certain way. But this trend is changing now, and many families look for more meaningful and creative ways to make the funeral service unique. They focus on personalization and creativity, and here we take a look at some ways to create a unique service:
Creativity in Funeral Planning
- You can put together a playlist of music tracks that your loved one particularly enjoyed. Just be mindful of the lyrics. You don't want to play music that people attending could find offensive. Try to keep the atmosphere pleasant at the service.
- While it is always sad to lose a loved one, the funeral service doesn’t always have to be an excessively somber event. You can look at this as an opportunity to celebrate the person’s life and focus on all the good memories and times you spent with the person.
- You can create and play a memorial video or have a media presentation with photographs and other images that were relevant to their life.
- You also have the option to put together a collage that depicts his or her life and interests. Displaying these around the service area is a great way to keep happy memories in mind for guests.
- Serving foods that your loved one relished is a great way to remember them. Consider having a selection of some of their favorite dishes or snacks for guests to enjoy.
- You can also conduct some activity that will keep everyone engaged and help them defocus from their grief. For example; if your loved one was an avid golfer you could have a space setup for a simple mini putt game. This would surely keep the happy memories in mind with friends and family.
When it comes to funeral planning, the sky is the limit. You also have the option to get some interesting ideas from your family members and use those to create a more memorable event. We at Tindall Funeral Home will be happy to help you design the perfect service or celebration of live for your loved one. Contact Us via our online form or you can call us at (315) 468-5521.