Choosing A Casket
When a loved one passes away, it can become challenging for you to manage all of the different funeral service arrangements while you are drowning in grief. However, many essential aspects need to be taken into account while planning a funeral, and choosing a casket is one of them.
Every funeral home will have an assortment of caskets that you can choose from. You will find that there are many materials, style, and design options as well. The funeral director can provide you with the details you need about the different types of materials available and what the pros and cons are.
Tips To Keep In View
However, here are some tips you can keep in view while choosing a casket:
- A casket becomes one of the significant expenses in a funeral, so you must set a specific budget before you start looking for one.
- You can inform the funeral director about your budget, and they will provide you options within that range.
- There is a variety of caskets to choose from ranging from very basic ones to something more elaborate, which will cost more as well.
- You can choose from materials such as hardwood like rosewood, mahogany, oak, walnut, etc. Softwood options include Aspen and pine. Wood caskets can be finished in the way you want to achieve the aesthetic you prefer. If you want something more resilient, stainless steel, copper or bronze caskets are a better choice.
- The interior material and the shell design are other factors that you would need to take into consideration while choosing a casket. Velvet is a luxurious material which is soft and beautiful as well. However, many people also opt for crepe which is affordable and simplistic.
Our funeral director will have detailed discussions with you and ensure you get the type of casket you need. At Tindall Funeral Home, we provide a wide range of funeral services. For more information please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 via our online form, or call us at (315) 468-5521.