Documentation To Have In Place Before Death
As people advance in age, they increasingly realize the importance of tidying their affairs and keep things in ship-shape. There are various aspects to put in order like medical, financial, legal, property-related, contacts etc. It is also necessary to update all your information before you die.
You may not find the thought of death palatable and might push these matters under carpet. But it’s important that you have all your documentation in place before death. If you face a critical situation like an accident or a debilitating disease, having all your paperwork in place is vital.
It will be a great solace to your family members if all your financial, medical and other information about is updated and easily accessible. Here is some of the documentation that you need to keep ready.
- Power Of Attorney - By creating a power of attorney, you hand over your rights of financial and other matters mentioned in it to a person you trust. It ceases to exist after your death and is restricted by its contents. You can change it or end it when you want.
- A Will - It is a statement of your wishes and decisions about your movable and immovable property. You also need to appoint an executor to ensure proper execution of your will as per its contents.
- A Living Will - A living will specifies the medical treatment to be administered to you in certain circumstances. It enables your family members to take decisions according to your wishes.
Some Additional Documents
- Bank accounts and financial cards
- Investments in various assets
- Insurance – car, medical and life
- Utility registration
- Loans, mortgages etc.
Both, the originals and copies of various documents filed for easy access would be a great help to your family members in certain circumstances. At Tindall Funeral Home, we provide comprehensive funeral services. Feel free to contact us for any more information.