Memorial Service Ideas For Families Who Choose Cremation
If your family has chosen cremation for a loved one that has just passed, there are a number of different memorial service options to choose from. A memorial service may also be known as a remembrance ceremony.
Family and friends can converge and pay their respects to the loved one. When you choose to have a cremation, it gives the family the flexibility to organize a service that can be very special and unique and it can be scheduled to meet the needs of all involved.
Here Are Some Memorial Service Ideas For Families Who Choose Cremation…
- Choose A Good Location: Adding a personalized touch to the ceremony is a lot about choosing the right location. For instance, it would be a great idea to choose a location that was meaningful to the departed soul during their lifetime. The location could be at a public location or even on a private property like your backyard.
- Special Music: You can compile a selection of the person’s favorite music and play it in the background during the memorial service.
- Plant a Flowering shrub/tree: You can take the permission of a local municipality to plant a tree or shrub in a public garden, in the memory of your loved one. Alternatively, you can install the planting in your own backyard as well. It will be a loving reminder of the person.
- Organize a Pot Luck: Coordinate with the rest of your family members and friends of the decedent and organize a potluck where every person brings some food that your loved one enjoyed.
- Make Mementos: Hire the services of a photographer to videotape and take pictures at the memorial service and turn these images into a memento that you can mail to all the attendees.
If you want to know more about our funeral services, feel free to contact us at Tindall Funeral Home today and we’ll be happy to help with all your specific needs.