What Can You Do with the Ashes of a Cremated Loved One?
Cremation is becoming a more popular option for those who are planning funeral services. There are several reasons why more people are doing this. However, one of the main questions that people have is just what do they do with the ashes of a loved one who has chosen to be cremated?
The more traditional option for the ashes of a loved one is to have these placed in a Cremation Urn and then place this urn at some location within your home. These ashes can be placed in various urns to spread among the surviving family members, if this is something that is needed. These are often placed in a safe spot, high up, so there is no chance that these ashes are destroyed.
For those who are looking for more unique ideas for what to do with these ashes, there are several to choose from:
- Many people opt to have the ashes placed into pieces of jewelry that they often wear all the time.
- Many people are opting to have these ashes placed into figurines or vases that they can have sitting around their home, without these obviously being the remains of the loved one.
- Spreading the ashes in a place that was special to a loved one is one idea. However, you must be sure that this is legal. There are locations that do not allow ashes to be spread, this is something that your funeral director can discover for you.
- Burying these ashes in the cemetery is also an option, and one that many people utilize when the cemetery may not allow for new burials to take place.
- A newer idea is to sprinkle these ashes onto the roots of a new tree that has been planted. With this idea, the ashes of the deceased loved one will be seen in the tree for as long as the tree is standing.
If you do decide cremation is the way to go, the ashes of a cremated loved one can be displayed in numerous ways. And we can help at Tindall Funeral Home to decide what should be done with these ashes.