1921 West Genesee Street | Syracuse, New York 13204
Cremation Facts – 5 Things You Should Know
Are you considering cremation? Maybe you are pre-planning your funeral and are considering cremation for yourself. Or perhaps you may be planning the funeral of a loved one and are considering cremation. If you are, then be sure that you are aware of all that goes into this.
Here are 5 cremation facts to remember:
- During cremation, most modern crematories are not exposing a body to flames. They are using high heat to reduce the body to ashes. This can help many people who may have a very morbid idea of how this process works.
- Those stories of ashes being mixed up by crematories are false. It is illegal to cremate more than one body at a time in order to avoid this mix up. So, you can rest assure that you are getting the ashes of a loved one back.
- Cremation is often the more price standardized option compared to a funeral. And it is often considered the cheaper alternative to a traditional funeral.
- You can still have a viewing if you choose cremation. Many people opt for the more traditional viewing, then decide no cremation afterwards. This is something that your funeral director can work with you on.
- Remember that if you do decide on cremation for yourself or a loved one, medical implants in the body do have to be removed before cremation can happen. Pacemakers can actually explode when the person is being cremated, causing massive damage to the retort. This is something that a funeral director can discuss with you.
Is cremation for you? Here at Tindall Funeral Home we do offer cremation services. We can discuss this option with you so that you fully know what you are choosing to do, and answers any questions that you may have.