7 Unique Ways to Memorialize a Loved One
When a loved one passes away, you may be looking for a way to memorialize this person so that you always have something that reminds you of them. There are typical ways such as carrying a picture of them in your purse or wallet. However, if you are looking for something that is a bit more unique, we have a few ideas!
- Take old shirts that belonged to the person and turn these into pillowcases. Many people find this to be soothing.
- Print photos onto pieces of cloth and turn these into a picture quilt that you can always have with you.
- Set up a foundation in their memory. Make sure this foundation is something that was close to your loved one’s heart.
- Consider a donation to a place, park or the like in their name. When these types of donations come in, many places often utilize a plaque to showcase this person’s name, and it can be seen for many years to come.
- Have dog tags made of their fingerprints and wear these. This is a relatively new service that many people are utilizing, as it allows you to keep a little piece of that person with you.
- Have their hair made into jewelry. This is a great memory for those who have lost children or those who are close to them. Often, this jewelry can be made into rings, bracelets or even necklaces that you can wear.
- Plant a tree in their honor and have a small plaque made to embed in front of the tree to show who it was planted for. Trees can live forever, so it is often a fitting way to memorialize a loved one.
Here at Tindall Funeral Home we understand that you want to keep your loved on in your memories forever. And these are just a few ideas that can get your creativity sparking!
If you have any new ideas for memorializing your loved one, please feel free to share in the comments below, or contact us.