1921 West Genesee Street | Syracuse, New York 13204
5 Common Misconceptions about Pre-Planning Your Funeral
Pre-planning your own funeral may not be the number one item on your list to do. However, it is a smart decision. The problem is that there are several misconceptions about pre-planning your funeral that are circulating. And for this reason, many people opt to not do this, as they believe these misconceptions to be true. What are these misconceptions? Find out:
- I’m not old enough to pre-plan a funeral. This is simply not true. No one knows when death will strike. Thus, there are plenty of young individuals who are planning their funeral, even though they may believe that death is years in the future.
- Pre-planning is only if you cannot afford a funeral. This is not true! There are those who pre-plan as a way to offset the cost later. However, just as many people are not in any financial strain when they pre-plan their funeral.
- You think you already have the needed information given to your family. For example, many people have told their loved ones that they want to either be buried or to be cremated. However, there is more than this than goes into planning, and much of this are items that many people do not even consider.
- Pre-planning is a waste of time as it doesn’t help you. While it may not help you, it can give your family peace of mind. This is a huge gift that you can be giving your family! And it can make it easier to deal with your passing.
- Pre-planning your funeral is morbid to think about. This line of thinking is one of the main reasons why people opt to not do this. However, instead of thinking of this as you are planning on your death, consider how this helps your family!
Here at Tindall Funeral Home we can help with pre-planning your funeral so that you can rest assure that your family is at ease and your wishes are carried out.
If you have any questions about Pre-planning your funeral with us, or for a loved one or friend, please contact us at any time.