1921 West Genesee Street | Syracuse, New York 13204
5 Interesting Facts About Cremation
Cremation is becoming an increasingly popular method of disposition over traditional burial in recent times. People from different faiths and religions are taking an interest in it. We at Tindall Funeral Home have noticed that while people are curious about cremation, they do not necessarily understand exactly what it is.
Facts About Cremation
Here are five interesting facts about cremation to help you understand why people have started opting for it:
1. This is an environmentally friendly option for disposition. You don't need to have a space for burial unless you decide to bury the urn.
2. It doesn’t require embalming if you decide to cremate the remains soon after the demise.
3. There are various options available for the storage of ashes. You can keep them in an urn that can be buried in your yard or placed in your home. As mentioned above, you can also bury the urn in a cemetery. Most churches have columbarium structures where people can place the urns.
4. When you opt for cremation, you don't have to worry about additional costs related to flower arrangements, the casket, and decorations. If you decide to scatter the ashes or keep them at home, you wouldn't have to worry about paying for the space at the cemetery, making it a cost-effective option.
5. At times, the deceased's family members live in different states, cities, or countries. If there's a traditional burial, family members cannot always visit the loved ones' grave and pay their respects. However, if the person is cremated, family members can take the ashes to their home and keep them there or bury it in their backyard.
Contact us to learn more about the cremation process. For more information on cremation, pre-planning services, or advice, contact Tindall Funeral Home at (315) 468-5521.