Modern Ways to Memorialize a Loved One
If you are dealing with a loved one's death, it can become difficult to move away from your grief and come to terms with the loss. However, you want to say goodbye to your loved one in a very memorable way.
Sometimes families plan a standard funeral service; however, there are many different ways people are now preparing to memorialize a loved one. Here are some modern ways in which this can be done:
- You can make the funeral service as unique as you want. Play video clips if you like, which brings back memories of your loved one in the time that you have spent with them.
- Displaying digital photographs is another right way. You can also create a small board or a collage with photos of the different milestones in the decedent's life, such as their graduation, anniversaries, birthdays, etc.
- If you have chosen cremation, you can also make a small, dedicated space in your yard in your loved one's memory.
- You can spread the ashes of the person in one corner of the yard and plant a tree there in their memory.
- Many people also like the idea of making jewelry pieces in memory of their loved ones. They embed the ashes of the person in the jewelry as a sign of their love and affection towards that person.
- When it comes to memorializing a loved one, there is no thumb rule. You can do what works for you, that you find solace in. You can also get some ideas from your family members or close friends of the decedent to help you with planning a memorial service for the person.
Contact us at Tindall Funeral Home through our online form or call (315) 468-5521 if you want to know about our funeral services and need advice on different funeral services.