5 Advantages Of Urn Vaults
If a loved one has passed and you are considering cremation, you'd have to determine whether you will be burying the ashes or keeping them somewhere else. Regardless of what you plan to do, you may need an urn to hold them. Some people choose to keep the urn in their home on their mantelpiece, while others keep it in a columbarium or urn vault at the cemetery. There are several advantages of urn vaults, including:
- These vaults are a safe way to store the ashes. They help to protect the remains from insects and the elements.
- A good quality vault will be secure and can withstand the stress of the ground around it. The constant digging at cemeteries can affect a regular container, and a vault is the better option for this purpose. When you opt for a vault, it can help prevent sinkholes from forming at that spot, which helps improve the stability of the gravesite.
- Vaults are quite lightweight, and it becomes easy to transport them to any other location if necessary.
- You can opt for a customized urn vault and get some lettering or design engraved or etched on it. This is something that many families who choose urn vaults prefer.
- If you are on a fixed budget, an urn vault can be a good option as it is quite affordable. You can get something quite right in the range of $300-$350. Of course, you also have the option to select something more elaborate and expensive if you like.
The funeral home will provide you with all the information that you need to ensure you can make a well-informed decision about the type of urn vault you want.
Contact us at Tindall Funeral Home through our online form or call (315) 468-5521 if you want to know about our funeral services and need advice on different services.