1921 West Genesee Street | Syracuse, New York 13204
5 Common Misconceptions about a Funeral Director
When planning a funeral, the funeral director is an integral part of the process. A big part of the funeral process, the planning and the actual ceremony, will involve a funeral director. However, funeral directors are often struggling against many misconceptions that the general public has about them. These misconceptions are numerous, and they can make it harder for the director to their job.
- Funeral directors are only in this industry because of the pay! Why is this a misconception? Most people are in their profession partly for the pay. However, in reality, funeral directors make a comparable salary to other professionals out there. In addition, holidays and typical work hours are not a part of their job duties. When they are needed, they are there.
- Funeral directors prey on the family’s vulnerability. Many people think that funeral directors are there to make a bigger sale by preying on the vulnerability of the family who is planning this funeral. This is simply not true. Most funeral directors try to help a person make these decisions, while keeping the costs in mind or suggesting they get help from a family member to make these large decisions.
- Funeral directors are sales people! This is far from true! Funeral directors point you in the right direction for what you want. They are not there to make a commission off whatever casket you choose.
- Funeral directors are death experts. They are not experts on death. While they may know a bit more than the average person, they cannot look at a person and know the cause of death.
- Funeral directors have no emotions. No one can expect a funeral director to cry over each person that they work with. In many cases, the professional attitude the funeral director has is considered emotionless. However, they are there to be strong for you.
Here at Tindall Funeral Home, our funeral directors are meant to aid you in this process. They are professional, will help you understand what you are getting for the price, and work with you however you may need.
If you have any questions about our Funeral Directors, or the services that we provide at Tindall Funeral Home, please feel free to contact us any time.